The Importance Of Proper Manufacturing Equipment Service
Regular manufacturing equipment maintenance is the key to preventing catastrophic equipment failure. It can pay off in the long run in the form of increased operational efficiency and reduce cost. Unexpected equipment failure in a manufacturing plant can interrupt the production schedule and lead to costly downtime that can impact your bottom line significantly.
Proper manufacturing equipment service is well worth the investment. Here are some of the long-term benefits of preventive equipment maintenance:
- Extend equipment lifespan and reduce the need for having to purchase new equipment.
- Prevent unplanned downtime which can be costly and interrupt the manufacturing process.
- Avoid the need for expensive repairs due to negligence.
- Keep equipment running without interruption to ensure that projects get completed on time and on budget.
- Ensure that systems are working efficiently to reduce energy consumption and operating cost.
- Prevent small issues from growing into big problems that are time-consuming and costly to fix since complex repair often comes with a bigger price tag and longer downtime.
- Increase the resale value of the equipment with a proper service record.
- Increase equity and borrowing power by upkeeping the value of your assets.
- Reduce injuries and fatalities, and therefore liability, due to faulty equipment.
- Maximize warranty coverage by having detailed service records to demonstrate that maintenance is up to date.
How To Ensure Proper Maintenance Of Your Manufacturing Equipment
By building simple processes into your operation procedures, you can ensure that the equipment is properly maintained:
- Set up processes to analyze the performance data from your systems and monitor their operation so you can become aware of potential issues before they become a problem.
- Provide proper training to technicians and operators so that when a problem is detected, they can recognize the issues and know how to deal with them properly. In addition, the right training can prevent misuse or overuse of equipment to avoid unnecessary repairs.
- Assign responsibility and make specific staff accountable for the proper functioning of the equipment. Empower and educate the right employees to ensure the success of preventative maintenance.
- Implement a maintenance schedule and conduct regular inspections to prevent wear-and-tear that can turn into larger issues.
Establishing a proper equipment maintenance workflow is essential to helping your manufacturing facility operate at the highest efficiency and improving your bottom line. This is not something to skimp on and the effort will pay off in the long run.
What’s Involved In Manufacturing Equipment Service?
The goal of proper maintenance is to ensure that your manufacturing equipment is running at 100% efficiency as much as possible while upholding the highest production quality.
With the aid of the latest technologies, such as smart sensors, cloud computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT), manufacturing equipment maintenance has gone beyond regularly scheduled visits by technicians.
For example, smart sensors can alert plant managers of potential issues in real-time so they can be remedied before the problem interrupts the production process.
In addition, a workflow that incorporates daily or weekly inspections, cleaning, lubricating, and minor adjustments can prevent major problems from developing.
CTI SUPPLY – A TECHNICAL SUPPORT UNIT FOR MANUFACTURING PLANTS ON-SITE
CTI SUPPLY maintenance engineers at the on-site manufacturing plant ready to handle and resolve technical issues of industrial production lines. In particular, the unit provides a variety of maintenance and repair services as followings:
- Electrical automation system applied with PLC/SCADA/HMI Foundation
- Food processing and packaging system
- Pharmaceuticals and cosmetic making machines
- Semi-Automatic to Fully Automatic equipment
- Mechanical equipment
- Multiple Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Plastic, PVC, PU industries machines
- Automatic conveyor system
- SMT, wire bonder, silicon/semiconductor wafer production machine
In particular, we plays the role as local technical support on site for customers under OEM authorization with in-time flexibility and activeness.
Service of repairing and maintaining high-tech machinery package monthly/quarterly/yearly are core programs of service that CTI SUPPLY offer to the customers. We provides long-term periodic service partners under the contract applicable to all production plants with high-tech machinery lines.
With extensive experience in various types of maintenance, CTI SUPPLY integrates and provides a complete solution for maintenance schedules matching for the plant’s machinery condition through the process of surveying, analyzing and planning to build up a detailed maintenance plan for customers.